Monday 11 August 2014

"I killed my wife because she gave me HIV"-Suspect (Photo)

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a man, Phillip Katongu, for allegedly stabbing his wife to death.

The police said the victim, Justina, was stabbed to death in a street at Oniru Estate, Maroko, Lagos, where she and her husband were living.
Justina was stabbed in about three places before she died. Also, the knife used for the murder had been recovered by the police.

Justina, who hailed from Kauro, Kaduna State, did not have any child for the suspectbefore her death.


According to Punch, Katongu, who worked as a construction worker on the Victoria Island, had a wife outside the marriage in Nasarawa State before marrying the deceased.

However, after having allegedly killing the wife, Katongu was said to have also attempted to commit suicide before the neighbours forced the door open and rushed him to a nearby hospital where he was revived.

Forty-five-year-old Katongu, told policemen that he killed his wife because sheinfected him with the Human Immunodeficiency Virus, among other misdeeds.
He said,


“I married Justina, my second wife in December 2010. I later learnt that she had given birth to two girls for a man. The girls died of AIDS.However, when we first met, she did not tell me all these. I explained to her that I have a

No comments: