Monday 3 February 2014

I will be ready for Barca – Aguero



Manchester City forward, Sergio Aguero has warned Barcelona that they should expect him to be at his best when the two sides meet in the knockout stage of the Champion League in February.
Aguero made his return to the City lineup after missing 8 games through injury and needed just 50 seconds to record his name on the score sheet as the former EPL champions trashed Blackburn Rovers 5-0 in an FA Cup replay on Wednesday, after which the Argentine international express delight at his return to competitive action stressing that he would get sharper with more games under his belt stating that he should be at his best when Barca comes calling.
“I’m very happy. I couldn’t wait to come back. It’s been a great recovery.
“I trained with the team on Monday for the first time and here I played some minutes to start bringing myself back on form and to find my pace to play in such a fast football game.
“Maybe in a week I’ll be on top form. Obviously the more you play the better you feel.
“Against Barca I will be ready.
“But we still have time and first we need to think about the next Premier League games which are very important, and then we’ll think about Barca,” said Aguero.

No comments: